I am pleased to announce the new release of Lin4Neuro based on Xubuntu 12.04LTS.
Only 64-bit version is released this time, but I’m working on 32-bit version so hopefully I will be able to release the 32-bit version in the near future.
I chose Xubuntu 12.04 as a base of Lin4Neuro simply because I don’t like Unity. If you look at the screenshot of new Lin4Neuro, you can tell that I made UI as simple as I could.
At the same time, I keep working on Lin4Neuro based on Ubuntu 10.04LTS, because FSLView doesn’t work on Ubuntu 12.04… I know some of users like to use FSLView, so I keep working on it.
Other than FSLView, there are some differences between versions.
- New Lin4Neuro (L4N12.04) includes DSI studio in response to a request by Renaud Nicolas.
- L4N12.04 doesn’t includ N3 tools. I haven’t been able to install the software yet.
So Now you have three options. From now on I will name the each version as following (I do not change the file name of old versions);
- Lin4Neuro-64bit-based-on-Xubuntu-12.04: l4n-12.04-x64-xxxxxxxx.iso
- Lin4Neuro-64bit-based-on-Ubuntu-10.04: l4n-10.04-x64-xxxxxxxx.iso
- Lin4Neuro-32bit-based-on-Ubuntu-10.04: l4n-10.04-x86-xxxxxxxx.iso
You can download each version from http://www.nemotos.net/lin4neuro/
Hope Lin4Neuro will help you enjoy playing with your images.